• Recorded the most successful financial season ($261,446) and
lowest scoring average (71.40) of her career.
• Best of six top-10 finishes was a tie for fifth at the Subaru
Memorial of Naples.
• Tied for seventh at the Standard Register PING, where she fired
a career-low 65 during the final round.
• Finished the season ranked first in putting average (28.65 putts
2001 Stats (rank)
Rds under par: 39/83 (23) Rds in the 60s: 20/83 (30) Birdies:
Eagles: 2 (87) Greens in reg: 62.6% (98) Driving accuracy: 77.1%
Sand saves: 50% (13) Putting avg: 28.65 (1) Driving avg: 228.70
• In 2000, posted a career-best finish with a tie for second at
the LPGA Corning Classic, where she lost to Betsy King in a two-hole
• In 1999, tied for 10th at the Japan Airlines Big Apple Classic.
• In 1998, best finish was a tie for 26th at the Australian Ladies
• In 1997, tied for fifth at the Diet Dr Pepper National Pro-Am
for her best finish of the season.
• In 1996, posted seven top-20 finishes, including a tie for fifth
at the Youngstown-Warren LPGA Classic.
• In 1995, posted a third-place finish at the PING AT&T Wireless
Services LPGA Golf Championship, during which she recorded her first
LPGA career hole-in-one during the third round.
• In 1994, recorded four top-20 finishes during her rookie season,
including a season-best 11th place at the SAFECO Classic.
• In 1993, finished fourth at the LPGA Final Qualifying Tournament
to gain exempt status for the 1994 season.
• Turned professional in June 1993.
The U.S. Women's Open became an LPGA major in 1950; the McDonald's LPGA
Championship Presented by AIG became a major in 1955; the Kraft Nabisco
Championship became a major in 1983; and the Weetabix Women's British
Open became a major championship in 2001. From 1979-2000 the LPGA's fourth
major was the du Maurier Classic. The Weetabix Women's British Open replaced
the du Maurier Classic in 2001. (KNC, Kraft Nabisco Championship; LPGA,
McDonald's LPGA Championship Presented by AIG; OPEN, U.S. Women's Open;
WB, Weetabix Women's British Open; DM, du Maurier Classic)